During a heavy rainstorm on Friday evening, December 20, 2013, a fire consumed the spa and restaurant at Villa Byukukung on Jalan Sugriwa, Padangtegal, in Ubud.
The building, covered in thatching, were largely destroyed by the blaze.
Efforts by firefighters to bring the fire under control were frustrated by the distance of the burning buildings from the main road.
The Bali Post reports that the fire was first discovered at 10:15 pm. The fire quickly grew and spread, punctuated by the sound of exploding LPG canisters.
Shortly after midnight the complete complement firefighters and equipment from the Gianyar regency managed to contain the fire believed to have caused hundreds of millions in Rupiah of damage.
Police investigators believe the fire originated from a short-circuiting of the hot water systems for the spa that spread to a nearby LPG tank.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.