The Hotel Asia-Pacific Security Workshop got underway at the Bali International Convention Centre at Nusa Dua on Monday, December 16, 2002.
Officially opened with an address delivered on behalf of Bali's Chief of Police, Irjen Polisi Drs. Budi Setyawan Msc. the workshop was made possible through the financial support of Starwood Hotels, Six Continent Hotels, Hyatt International and Shangri-La Hotels.
With attendance limited to Bali residents working on a day-to-day basis in managing the island's tourism industry, program highlights of the workshop include:
• A keynote address by Irjen. Polisi Drs. Made Mangku Pastika, the lead investigator on the Bali terrorist attack.
• A presentation by Mr. Tim Dumas, the Regional Security Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta on the U.S. response to international terrorism.
• A review of the latest technology available to Hotels and tourist centers to enhance security presented by Mr. Chester Doty, Chief of Security for Shangri-La Hotels.
• A discussion on staff training and recruitment as relates to security matters by Mr. James Filgo of Consolidated Services International, Inc.
• Mr. James Papineau, the Director of Marketing for the SUNTEC Conference Center in Singapore on Singapore's response to 9-11.
• A live demonstration by Bali's Mobile Brigade anti-terror squad.
• Mr. Leigh Dixon of the Australian Federal Police on the role of international cooperation in the war on terror.
• A presentation on crisis planning and crisis management by Mr. Craig Foster of Hill and Associates.
• Closing remarks by Prof. Dr. Ir. I Gde Pitana, the Chief of Bali's tourism authority.
Professional conference management for the workshop provided by Bali Discovery Tours.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.