A gathering of friends and media was held at Sababay Winery in Gianyar on Saturday, May 24, 2014, to celebrate the triumphal win of a Silver Award by their newest vintage Moscato d’Bali at the Wine & Spirit Asia Wine Challenge 2014 just held in Singapore.
The evening was hosted by the visionary mother-daughter founding team of Mulyati and Evy Gozali with delicious amuse bouche prepared by Bali’s own celebrity chef Mandif M. Warokka – owner of Teatro Gastroteque.
Made from Muscat grapes grown in cooperative vineyard of 65-hectares in Buleleng, North Bali, Moscato d’Bali is naturally sparkling by combining fermented juice with natural juice of the same grape resulting a fruity sweet wine with low alcohol and sparkling sensation.
Reminiscent of the wines produced by the Piedmont region of northwest Italy, we’re predicting sweet and effervescent Moscato d’Bali will become a runaway success in the Asian wine market now discovering the enjoyment of wine and the wine’s suitability as a pairing for Asian cuisine.
Drunk young while the sparkle is at its most bubbly, Moscato d’Bali is best consumer very chilled. It has a straw color with persistent bubbles. Look for a sent of white flowers with mango overtones and hint of lemon zest.
Sababay wines are processed and fermented in a spotless state-of-the-winemaking-art winery located on Jalan I.B. Mantra – a short drive from Bali’s capital of Denpasar. Produced under the watchful eye of French-born winemaker Vincent Desplat, the winery produced five wines produced from Alphonse-Lavallee and Belgia grapes grown in Bali.
The five wines are:
- MOSCATO D’BALI – A sparkling, effervescent sweet wine produced from Muscat wines.
- LUDISIA – A red wine made from grapes grown in the dry season. A sweet red style wine that can be served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
- PINK BLOSSOM – A Rose style wine best drank young that keeps excellent company with Indonesian cuisine.
- BLACK VELVET – A wine with dark rub tones and complexity imparted by contact with French Oak during the fermentation process.
- WHITE VELVET – A white wine that develops some complexity with age, bets served very chilled. A fresh and lively fruity wine well suited to entertaining in tropical climates.
has a strong sense of its role in striving to retain Bali’s endangered agricultural character. Revolutionary cooperative efforts in the growing process are helping farmers in Bali retain ancestral land and derive a future rich with promise from working the land. Following sustainable best practice at each step of the growing and wine production process, Sababay
strives produce a quality product that nurtures its partners and consumers.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.