As a part of balidiscovery.com's continuing series Bali By The Numbers, the December Foreign Direct Arrival Figures provide a complete look at month-by-month arrivals for the past 4 years.
The Ups and Downs of 2002
The year of 2002 showed that:
• The recovery from the effects of 9/11 in 2001 were complete by May 2002.
• The Months of May through September represented some of the strongest arrival months in the history of Bali tourism.
• The effects of the October 12th terror attack were immediate, rending arrivals for October through December the worst month to month performances in at least the past 4 years.
• Aided by both Idul Fitri and Christmas/New Year Holiday demand, the foreign arrival figures improved in December totaling 63,393. While this ended, at least temporarily, the downward slide of arrivals following the October attacks, the December figures were down 31.6% from average arrivals for December 1999-2001.
• Total foreign direct arrival for 2002 decreased 5.2% when compared with the year 2001, and down 5.7% when compared with the average yearly arrival for the years 1999-2001.
Download the Figures
Use the link below to download monthly arrival figures for 1999-2002.
Next Week: Details Arrivals by Country of Origin
Bali By The Numbers continues next week in Bali Update #332 with a look at monthly arrivals from different source markets.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.