The Chairman of the now defunct Culture and Tourism Promotion Board (BP-Budpar), Setyanto P. Santosa has filed a criminal complaint with the Jakarta Police against 8 tourism figures for their allegedly defaming his reputation.
The police complaint accuses the tourism figures of defamation and character assassination via a joint letter sent to the Minister of Culture and Tourism that suggested mismanagement and corruption at BP-Budpar and called for the removal of Mr. Setyanto as Chairman of the agency charged with promoting Indonesian tourism.
Named in the police complaint were:
• Yanti S. Harjoprakoso, the Chairman of the Indonesian Hotel and Restaurant Association (PHRI)
• Adnan Karamoy, Secretary-General of the PHRI
• Meity Robot, Chairman of the Association of Indonesian Travel Agents (ASITA)
• Syarman Syarif, ASITA's Secretary-General
• Iqbal Alan Abdullah, Chairman of the Indonesian Conference and Convention Association (AKKINDO)
• Fernando Titaley, Secretary-General of AKKINDO
• Tony Suwadie, Chairman of the Indonesian China Travel Commission (ICTC)
• Wisnu Budi Sulaeman, ICTC's Secretary-General.
Indonesia maintains very strong safeguards against defamation, slander, and libel allowing complainants to seek satisfaction via criminal prosecution under the terms of the criminal codes.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.