During the Annual General Meeting of the Bali and Nusa Tenggara Chapter of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) held on Saturday, October 25, 2003, a series of "Awards of Excellence" were presented by the Board, continuing an annual tradition of the Chapter.
This years award recipients were:
• PATA Personality of the Year Award. Awarded to dynamic Balinese businessman, I Made 'Kadek' Wiranatha, the founder of Air Paradise International (API) airline – Bali's first "home-grown" air carrier. Undeterred by the tragic bombing of a Bali nightspot, 'Kadek's API now operates international flights to Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Seoul and Taipei from its base in Bali.
• Marketing Excellence Award. Given to Air Paradise International (API), acknowledging the increasing number of badly needed passengers carried to Bali on the new local airline venture.
• Art and Culture Award. Internationally known as an artist, dancer, media personality, musician and jewelry designer, Ms. Suarti was given the award based on her tireless promotion of Balinese culture to the world. The Suarti Designer Collection line of designer jewelry is marketed internationally at leading retail outlets and televised shopping channels.
• Environment Award. The Bhakti Whana Bali Foundation received the award for its role in organizing a series of community clean-up campaigns mobilizing upwards of 1,000 participants. Campaigns conducted by the Foundation have targeted, among others, the Bali Barat National Park and the beach along Sanur Beach.
• Community Service Award. Presented to the General Hospital of Sanglah for its compassionate care of the victims of last year's bombing attack. The Hospital offers 750 beds in providing medical care to the Balinese community.
• Innovative New Product. This award was given to the Kalaspa located near Bedugul in Bali's mountain-lake district. The Spa complex offers a full range of spa and wellness programs, trekking, cultural explorations and gourmet dining.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.