Just in time to coincide with the Idul Fitri Holidays, the Bali Bird Park in Singapadu, just north of Denpasar, is hosting a "Feathered Fun Festival" November 22-30, 2003 at the popular nature park.
Designed to be both fun and educational, the Bali Bird Park has designed a number of interactive activities, guaranteed to be as much fun for moms and dads as they are for the kids:
• Opportunities to feed the parks Pelicans and Drongos.
• Game sheets for each of the Park's ten icons with possible prizes for children correctly responding to simple questions regarding the parks "unofficial hosts," namely the Macaw, Bali Starling, Bird of Paradise, Komodo dragons, Cassowary, Toucans, Owl, Pelican, Hornbill and Flamingos.
• A chance to meet friends of Harry Potter's pet owl "Hedwig."
• Special baby-sitter service and rest areas for children visiting the Park with their families.
• A chance to get up close and personal with some of the 1,500 birds from over 250 species found at the park with handlers standing by to share details and insights regarding the birds natural habitat and behavior.
• Lucky-draws each day of the Festival with prizes provided by Air Paradise International, McDonald's, Waterbom Park, Sobek, and a number of other Bali holiday attractions.
According to Chris Hibbard, Chief Curator of the Bali Bird Park, "with over 17% of the world's species and 47 ecosystems found here in the archipelago, the 'Feathered Fun Week' is hoped to introduce an educational perspective within the animal world ... Fun in learning makes it all the more enjoyable. This is an excellent opportunity for all the family to appreciate and get practically involved in understanding the many creatures."
Admission fees to the Bali Bird Park during this special event remain unchanged.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.