APEC Tourism Working Group to Meet in Bali
Meeting November 28 – December 1, 2003, Will Seek to Increase Visitor Total to the Region and Enhance Regional Tourism Industry.
|Click Image to Enlarge
Bali will host the 23rd meeting of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation – Tourism Working Group (APEC-TWG) scheduled for November 28 through December 1, 2003.
The Charter of the APEC-TWG is fourfold:
• The removal of impediments to tourism business and investment.
• Increase the demand for tourism goods and services by enhancing visitor mobility.
• Sustainable management of tourism outcomes and impacts.
• Enhance recognition and understanding of tourism as a vehicle for economic and social development.
Agenda for Bali Meeting
Among the issues expected to be discussed at the coming Bali meeting of the APEC-TWG are:
• The impact of SARS on tourism in the APEC region and means to rebuild confidence and avoid future outbreaks.
• A self-funded project led by the APEC International Centre for Sustainable Tourism (AICST) in cooperation with AusAid, Pacfic Asia Travel Association (PATA) and the World Tourism Organization (WTO) on how governments and tourism operators can best manage risk and respond to crises, whether of human or natural origin.
• A discussion on barriers to travel between APEC countries.
• The establishment of Tourism Occupational Skill standards.
The last meeting of APEC-TWG was held in Pattaya, Thailand June 11-12, 2003.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.