Building on the success of 2003's inaugural Kuta Karnival - they've decided that the time for fun and festivity is here again!
While last year's theme was a "Celebration of Life, A Remembrance of Love," this year's event will take for its thematic inspiration: "A Celebration of Life, Tri Hita Karana."
Tri Hita Karana are the three fundamental tenets of life in Bali, demanding a basic balance be maintained between Man and God, Man and Nature, and Man and Man.
Once again, Kuta will come alive with exciting events, parades, competitions and exhibitions. Promising something for everyone, there will be a multitude of Sports, Surfing and Skate competitions, and a vibrant street parade involving all of Bali with promoters promising "shades of Carnivale, on a smaller scale!" Look also for an antique and specialty car & motorbike show, fashion shows, an international food festival, and music on offer to suit every taste.
Kuta Karnival 2004 starts on September 24 with a special opening ceremony on Kuta Beach. Last year, 50 dazzling performers and a Chinese Dragon ensured the Karnival began with a bang and this year's opening promises to be even more spectacular! Running for the ten days until its end on October 3, various events will focus on man's relationship with his fellow man.
Here's a short list of just some of the many events scheduled at this year's Kuta Karnival:
• Art, music, cultural performances and competitions showcasing traditional and modern dance and theatre.
• Themed fashion shows.
• The Discovery Kartika Plaza Surf Memorabilia Exhibition and Best of Bali's Environmental Photo and Painting Exhibition.
• X-TREME GAMES, including Surfing Competitions at Kuta and Uluwatu's world famous beaches.
• Special daily events including Ripindo Grommets Day, Ripindo Longboards Day, retro, OM Bali Pro Legends, Surfer Girl Ladies Day, teams and body board competitions.
• The Karinval Open – the Kuta Lines Indonesian Surfing Championship 2004.
• Skateboarding events, including street pre-lims and finals, best trick, long jump, highest ollie, gap and bungy skate jump contests, as well as a wild-in-the-park competition.
• Beach Volleyball and beach Soccer competitions.
• Hammerhead Bodybuilding Competitions.
• Tug-of-War and Sand Sculpting Competitions.
• Kite Surfing Competitions.
• Martial Arts Exhibitions.
• An International Food Festival. Live musical performances by jazz and blues performers, exciting DJs, rock groups – all presented from a special stage built on Kuta Beach.
• Kites for Kids - Kite Making and Kite Flying events for the younger crowd.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.