A total of 85 cyclists competing in 17 teams will race in the 9 stage Jakarta to Bali race September 27 - October 9, 2004.
The race kicked off with a grand parade on Sunday, September 26, 2004, around the streets of Jakarta, stopping for 15 minutes opposite the Australian Embassy to honor those who perished in the September 9 terrorist bombing.
Here's the day-by-day schedule for the Tour d' Indonesia 2004:
• Day 1 – 27 September. 178.6 kilometers starting from Jakarta Governor's office and ending on Jalan Pasar Raya in downtown Lembang.
• Day 2 – 28 September. 119.8 kilometers starting from the Sate Building in Bandung and ending at the Central Square of Tasikmalaya.
• Day 3 – 29 September. 147.7 kilometers starting from the Central Square of Tasikmalaya end ending at the Central Square on Jalan Sudirman in Purwokerto.
• Day 4 – 30 September. 170.6 kilometers starting from the Governor's office on Jalan Pahlawan in Semarang and ending opposite the Main Post Office in Semarang.
• Day 5 – 2 October. 174.5 kilometers starting from in front of the National Sports Committee Office (KONI) in Yogyakarta and ending in front of the Matahari Mall in Madiun.
• Day 6 – 03 October. 234 kilometers starting from in front of the Matahari Mall on Jalan Pahlawan in Madiun and ending on Jalan Diponegoro in Surabaya.
• Day 7 – 04 October. 189.2 kilometers starting in front of the Governor's office on Jalan Gubernor Suryo and ending in front of the military headquarters on Jalan Gadjah Mada in Jember.
• Day 8 – 05 October. 102.7 kilometers starting from the Regent's Office (Bupati) on Jalan Sudirman in Jember and ending at the Regent's Office (Bupati) on Jalan A. Yani in Banyuwangi.
• Day 9 – 06 October. 135 kilometers starting from the Banyuwangi Regent's Office (Bupati) and restarting on the other side of the Bali-Jawa Straits at the ferry crossing in Gilamanuk and ending at Margarana Field, Jalan Puputan, in downtown Denpasar.
Races commence each morning at 0900 hours except for days 8 and 9 when the race begins at 11:00 a.m..
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.