The Tourism Think Tank (MPI) has formally recommended 7 names, all drawn from professional tourism circles, for consideration as Indonesia's next Minister in charge with tourism affairs.
The Chairman of MPI, Pontjo Sutowo, in announcing the list of potential candidates, said the new government has the opportunity to appoint a tourism minister matching both the problems of tourism and the demands of those working in the tourism sector.
The seven names put forth by the MPI are:
• Pontjo Sutowo - Chairman of the MPI and the head of the Hilton Hotel Group in Indonesia.
• Iqbal Alan Abdullah - the Chairman of the Indonesian Congress and Conference Association (INCCA).
• Ben Sukma - the Chairman of the Indonesian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (ASITA).
• Adnan Karamoy - a Director of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce (KADIN).
• Achmad Zacky Siradji - the Secretary General of MPI.
• Miranti Abidin - President Director of Fortune Public Relations.
• Melani Suharli - the Secretary General of the Indonesian Women in Travel Association (IWAPI).
Sutowo was quick to add, however, that "the MPI will support any eventual appointee to the post of tourism minister providing that individual is professional, understands tourism, has extensive networks and is able to synergize well with other government departments."
He went on to say that tourism must receive the commitment of the new government, mirroring the situation in Thailand and Malaysia.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.