An early morning fire at the South Kuta Santika Beach Hotel has caused an estimated Rp. 500 million (approximately US$54,350) in damage to one of the hotel's kitchens.
The flame, which took firefighters and hotel staff nearly two hours to extinguish, reportedly started at 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning, February 2, 2005. Eyewitnesses told police the blaze started when a gas stove in the kitchen exploded as staff attempted turn it on for morning breakfast service.
No injuries were reported in the incident and the hotel continues to operate without interruption.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.