Indonesia's National Air Carrier Garuda Indonesia saw virtually its entire 13-member Board of Directors Fired on Wednesday, March 16, 2005, by the Minister of State Owned Enterprises (BUMN), Sugiharto.
The Airlines, increasing marginalized as a player in international aviation circles, a shadow of its former self in terms of both aircraft and destinations served, heavily burdened by debt, facing intense competition on both domestic and regional routes, and most recently embroiled in a headline-grabbing criminal investigation of the poisoning of a leading Human rights activist who died while on board a Garuda flight to Amsterdam - Garuda's new managers have a plate full of issues to deal with as it assumes the reigns of power at the Airline.
The New Line-Up
The government has appointed the following people to manage the Airline:
• Emirsyah Satar as President Director. Most recently, Satar worked as the finance Director of Dank Danamon Indonesia and once served as the Finance Director of the Airline before leaving to join the banking sector. An accountant by training, he has held a number of senior management positions including assignments as an auditor for Price Waterhouse and as a Senior Manager with Citibank's Corporate Banking Group.
• Soenarko Kuntjoro as Technical Director. His last position was as the President Director of P.T. Gapura Angkasa - the airport ground services provider at all of Indonesia's major airports.
• Agus Priyanto as Commercial Director. Priyanto's last posting was as Garuda's General Manager in Frankfurt, Germany.
• Rudi Hardono as Director of Operations. Hardono was retained in the new board at his former position.
• Abdul Gani as a Chief Company Commissioner. Gani once served as the Company's President Director and is widely credited with managing to successfully restructure the Airline's long-term deebt.
• Goenarni Soewarno as a Commissioner. She comes to this position at the Airlines after heading Bank Niaga and the National Banking Association (PERBANAS).
• Bambang Wahyudi as a Commissioner. Wahyudi's last position was as the Technical Director of the Airline.
• M. Suparno as a Commissioner. Suparno is also a former President Director of the Airline.
• Slamet Riyanto as a Commissioner.
• Arie Mufti as a Commissioner. He is the Director of P.T. Permodalan Nasional Madani.
The new Board of Directors and Commission assume office from Monday, March 21, 2005.
Shown on balidiscovery.com is Emirsyah Satar, Garuda Indonesia's new President Diretor.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.