What has now become an annual "must do" for fashion buyers and retailers from around the world, Bali Fashion Week VI set for June 5-8, 2005, has been expanded to include a number of supporting public entertainment events in addition to the already exciting program of fashion shows and extravaganzas.
Some of the program highlights from the 6th Bali Fashion Week include:
• 3 days of non-stop art, cultural and fashion exhibitions centered at Bali's Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel.
• Daily evening sunset fashion shows held at an open electro-stage at the beach amphitheatre of the Discovery Shopping Mall.
• A Fashion Week Opening at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 5, 2005, aiming to create a world-record breaking 300 meter long piece of batik created by a line up of fashion, textile and graphic designers – all coordinated by Afif Syakur, a leading Batik Designer from Yogyakarta.
• At 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 5, 2005, Indonesia's Minister of Culture and Tourism will officially open the Bali Fashion Week Street Carnival - a 2.5 hour long street parade of music, dance, fashion and commerce expected to involve more than 1,000 street performers, all ending in a sunset beach party.
• Special fashion seminars featuring fashion marketing experts and fashion forecasters.
• On Wednesday, June 8, 2005, the fashion trade show will open its doors to the public. This is a change from previous year's shows in order to allow the public to see work by Indonesia's top fashion designers and manufacturers and to purchase items on display during the show at special prices.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.