The numbers are truly impressive.
Opened less than 7 years ago with an initial staff of less than 10 the BIMC is now moving camp to a new, modern medical facility employing more than 120 care-givers. The initial Center, which had already grown ito 400 square meters, is no longer sufficiently large to provide the range of services provided to the many patients who now use the BIMC. As a result, the new BIMC will occupy a multi-storied building with an area 3 times as large as their old location - an estimated 1,500 square meters!
Just Down the Road
When the new BIMC opens in late April, its new location will be only an approximate 200 meters to the north on Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai 100X, near the Simpang Siur roundabout, and across from the Kuta Galleria Complex.
Telephone, facsimile and e-mail contacts remain unchanged for the new facility.
New and Improved BIMC
The new, improved BIMC will continue to be on-call 24 hours a day 365 days a year serving Bali residents and visitors to the Island. Some of the services and facilities on-tap in the multi-storey medical center include:
• 4 private consultation rooms, one of which has been specially configured for pediatric patients.
• An emergency and trauma unit with 3 emergency treatment areas equipped with state-of-the-art cardiopulmonary resuscitation equipment, defibrillators and emergency pacemakers.
• A procedure and treatment unit capable of providing the highest standard of hygienic wound care for injuries ranging from minor wounds to more complex orthopedic procedures.
• A care ward accommodating 10 beds providing private facilities, cable TVs with personalized speakers, mini-bars, sound proofing and vital-signs health monitoring systems.
• A pathology department regularly calibrated and supervised by medical technologists from Australia.
• A fully equipped radiology department using the latest film radiology.
• A fully-stocked pharmacy providing both over-the-counter and prescription drugs.
• Transfer and evacuation unit featuring Bali's most well-equipped medical response teams providing cutting-edge life support and resuscitation intervention.
• A health insurance liaison center specializing on complete document handling and communication with insurance providers.
Designed and equipped to be able to respond to any medical emergency with the latest equipment and treatment protocols, the new BIMC will emphasize universal medical precaution procedures such as one-use sterilized procedure sets, sterile disposable gloves when required for medical procedures and meticulous antiseptic cleaning procedures from a dedicated and professionally-trained housekeeping department.
The BIMC welcomes both tourist visitors to Bali as well as local Indonesian and expatriate residents of Bali. Long term resident of Bali are also able to enroll themselves into medical maintenance programs designed to provide cost savings to individual and families seeking medical support and coverage.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.