The regional government of Gianyar has set a schedule of special events for the last half of April 2005 to celebrate the 234 years since its founding.
The schedule of events, set in both Gianyar Bali and Jakarta, include:
* Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:00 p.m. Gong Kebyar Festival for children and adults at the Balai Budaya in Gianyar.
* Monday, April 18, 2005 3:00 p.m. Cultural Parade at Lapangan Astina in Gianyar.
8:00 p.m. A Wayang Kulit Comblong Performance at Lapangan Astina in Gianyar.
* Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:00 a.m. Belaganjur traditional orchestra parade and a competition for Balinese cookery and traditional ceremonial decorations.
8:00 p.m. A Drama Gong musical theatre presentation.
* Tuesday, April 26 - 30, 2005 Painting exhibition at the YDBA Gallery on Jalan Kemang 1/ No. 1A, Jakarta Selatan - open daily 10:00 a.m. Until 9:00 p.m..
* Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:00 p.m. YDBA Gallery on Jalan Kemang 1/ No. 1A, Jakarta Selatan - Sekar Semara Ratih dance presentation.
* Friday, April 29, 2005 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.an exhibition of Silver Jewelry and accessories by Suarti and Balinese dance presentation at YDBA Gallery on Jalan Kemang 1/ No. 1A, Jakarta Selatan.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.