Culture-starved classical music fans are in for a treat on Saturday, May 28, 2005, when a program of operatic arias, ranging from Mozart to Puccini, will be presented at Mercure Resort Sanur - Bali at 7:30 p.m..
Talented Local and National Performers
Performing at the evening of music and song will be :
• Johnson Hutagalung – Tenor. A native of Jakarta, Johnson studied under Anette Frambach and Lee Allison Sibley. In 1988, 1990 and 1992 he was named the national TV and Radio singing champion. He has distinguished himself in a number of starring opera roles including, Opera Roro Jonggrang (Trisutji Kamal); The Creation (Haydn); Requiem (Mozart); Le Nozze di Figaro (Mozart); and The Messiah (Handel) directed by Andre Quedros. An active teacher of voice and a regular performer, Johnson has a number of recordings to his credit.
• Diani Rinarti Sitompul – Soprano. A graduate of Yogyakarta Arts Institute (ISI) in 1994, Diani coaches voice in a number of schools, churches and private institutions. A former teacher at the Teachers Training Institute in Jakarta (IKIP), she has also coached Indonesia's famous Twilite Chorus and has served as a judge in leading vocal competitions. She is also the founder and conductor of the Diani Children's Choir. which recently held a very successful performance tour to Singapore. Also well known as a musical composer and arranger, Diani is much in demand for her skills as a solo and ensemble performer.
• Margarisje Lucij Elisabeth Makikui – Soprano. Also a graduate in voice from the Yogyakarta Arts Institute (ISI), Margarisje also holds a post-graduate degree in performance arts from the University of Gadjah Mada. The winner of championships in regional and national radio and television singing championships, she is both a private teacher of voice and employed as an instructor at various schools, churches and institutes. Since 1992, Margarisje has been an active performer, much in demand for her sole and group appearances.
• Diani Children’s Choir. Established in 2000, the choir is comprised of talented children who rehearse on a weekly basis with their founder-conductor Diani R. Sitompul. Frequent performers at concerts and churches, they have competed successfully in a number of choir competitions gaining special recognition for the sight-reading, improvisation and creative singing skills.
• Christina Sidjabat – Piano. The student of leading piano teachers in Palembang, Jakarta, Surabaya and Semarang – Christina has actively taught piano since 1981. In demand as an accompanist for singers and orchestra, she has served as pianist for the appearance of the Indonesian Children Chorus in their tours of the U.S.A., Germany, and Poland (1994-2000) and the Diani Children's Choir tour to Singapore. Christina now resides in Bali.
Tickets and Reservations
Tickets for this rare and very special evening of music in Bali are only Rp. 150,000 each (approximately US$15.30) and include a pre-show cocktail.
Tickets can be ordered by calling the Mercure Resort Sanur - Bali at ++62-(0)361-288833 or by using the e-mail contact provided.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.