Bali Tourism Board to Hold First Convention
BTB To Gather Industry and 9 Stakeholder Organizations at Bali Conference Set for Friday, July 29, 2005.
|Click Image to Enlarge
Founded in 2002, the Bali Tourism Board (BTB) will hold its first organization-wide conference scheduled for Friday, July 29, 2005 in Kuta.
BTB's Chairman, Putu Agus Antara, has called the meeting to seek consensus among Bali's tourism players in confronting the many problems affecting tourism in Bali and create better coordination between the Government and the tourism industry in overcoming those issues. Antara has set three goals for the historic first meeting of the organization heads :
1. The consolidation of the efforts of the 9 stakeholder organizations that form BTB.
2. Increasing the quality of Bali's tourism product and developing professional promotional activities for Bali.
3. Marketing and promoting Bali as a world-class tourism destination.
Antara announced that the theme adopted for the coming conference is "Realizing a Partnership Strategy Between Government, Private Sector and Society; Reaching Sustainable Tourism."
BTB is an independent private organization comprised of nine stake-holding tourism organizations in Bali:
• PHRI (Indonesia Hotel and Restaurant Association)
• ASITA (Association of Indonesian Tour and Travel Agencies)
• PAWIBA (Association for Tourist Transport in Bali)
• HPI (Indonesian Guide Association)
• SIPCO (Society of Indonesian Professional Convention Organizers)
• PUTRI (Indonesia Tourist Object Association)
• GAHAWISRI (Marine Tourism Association)
• Bali Village (Tourism Marketing and Promotion Association)
• PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) Bali and Nusa Tenggara chapter
The First BTB Conference will be held at the Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel in South Kuta.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.