Sit back and enjoy one of life's greatest pleasures in one of the world's most beautiful settings. Join readers and writers in four days of stimulating and inspiring discussion, poetry readings, conversations, workshops, literary lunches, laughter and festivities amongst people who David Attenborough described as one of the friendliest on earth.
This year's Ubud Writers & Readers Festival brings together some of the world’s most exciting writers.
• Join Booker Prize winner, Michael Ondaatje, as he reveals his magical prose and poetry in a discussion of his life and work.
• Amitav Ghosh will lead you on a romantic adventure through Egypt and India over a leisurely lunch.
• Be humored by Susan Kurosawa as she tells you a tale of love, lies and lust from her latest novel.
• Professor Arief Budiman will describe the Festival's theme, Between Worlds,
and its meaning to Indonesia in modern times.
• Listen to award-winning writer, Achmat Dangor, discuss the Bitter Fruits of his latest book and growing up in South Africa.
• Join some of Indonesia's hottest women writers as they discuss erotica and the written word.
• Nia Dinata, Indonesia's prize-winning young female film producer will discuss the challenges of film-making in Indonesia.
• Listen to Linda Spalding as she recounts her adventures in Borneo researching the Orangutan.
• Hear the voice of Indonesia's exciting, young emerging writers and share in a discussion of Balinese spirituality.
• Sharpen your poetry skills and join in an open-mike poetry slam that will have you laughing for days.
• Enroll in a workshop and learn how to write a play, song, memoir or illustrate a story.
• Enjoy a night of Balinese entertainment in a village temple, under the stars.
Let the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival
October 8-11, 2005, change your world. There is no other event like it!
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.