Organizers of the 9th Annual Nusa Dua Festival are promising "bigger and better" celebration than ever before of art, culture, sports and popular entertainment for this year's running of the 9-day event centered at Bali's Nusa Dua Complex.
As in the past, the Festival will commence with a massive traditional parade, or Peed Agung, on September 9, 2005, involving cultural and performance groups from across the island. Organizers have also extended and invitation to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to be on hand for the grand opening parade and to officially open the event underwritten by the Bali Tourism Development Corporation and supported by the many hotels and businesses in the Nusa Dua Complex.
Some of the planned events for this year’s festival targeting to attract 10,000 visitors every day include:
• A trade exhibition of products from across Indonesia.
• Booths sponsored by various provinces across the Country, providing information on resources and investment opportunities.
• A world record kecak dance involving more than 1,500 performers.
• A competition among valuable kicaubirds, with expected participation by more than 10,000 champion birds and their owners from across Indonesia.
• A 10 kilometer road race.
• Regular series of performances by leading Indonesian artists.
• A "battle of the drums" between national percussion groups.
• Food stalls supported by Nusa Dua Hotels.
Admission to all events are free with the Festival open daily between 09:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m..
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.