In a hotly-contested election at the first convention of the Bali Tourism Board (BTB) on Thursday, August 25, 2005, held at the Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, Bagus Sudibya narrowly defeated outgoing Chairman, Putu Agus Antara, for the right to head the organization comprised of 9 tourism stakeholder organizations in Bali.
BTB is an independent private organization comprised of nine stake-holding tourism organizations in Bali:
• PHRI (Indonesia Hotel and Restaurant Association)
• ASITA (Association of Indonesian Tour and Travel Agencies)
• PAWIBA (Association for Tourist Transport in Bali)
• HPI (Indonesian Guide Association)
• SIPCO (Society of Indonesian Professional Convention Organizers)
• PUTRI (Indonesia Tourist Object Association)
• GAHAWISRI (Marine Tourism Association)
• Bali Village (Tourism Marketing and Promotion Association)
• PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) Bali and Nusa Tenggara Chapter.
Bagus "Uddy" Sudibya
Bagus "Uddy" Sudibya, together with his family, owns and operates an extensive network of tourism business in Bali involved in hotels, tour and travel, and cruise tourism. He also currently serves as the Chairman of the Bali Chapter of the Association of Indonesian Tour and Travel Agents (ASITA).
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.