Eight Bali bungalow villas on Jalan Kunti in Seminyak were destroyed by fire early on the morning of Wednesday, September 15, 2005.
According to reports in the Indonesian-language Bali Post, the inferno was started by an electrical short circuit in the Darto Bungalow, located across the road from The Villas. Despite the best efforts of local firefighters, the flames quickly spread across the thatched roof accommodation, eventually destroying 7 units at Villa Jerami, adjacent to the Darto Bugalow.
Although some of the villas were occupied by tourists, authorities report that no injuries were reported in connection with the blaze.
The most recent fire comes one week after a massive fire consumed 70 local family dwellings in the Silitiga area of Nusa Dua. Although hundreds lost their homes and personal belonging in that incident, no loss of life was recorded.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.