Japan Airlines (JAL) will temporarily resume normal international flight services between Japan and Indonesia, including Bali, over the New Year vacation period in anticipation of growing demands from Japanese travelers.
JAL reduced flight frequency and changed routings on its Japan-Indonesia flights at the end of October, following a dramatic downturn in passenger demand following the terrorist bombing on Bali on October 1, 2005.
In response to the reduced demand, JAL consolidated its daily direct flights from Tokyo to Denpasar and Jakarta into a Narita-Jakarta-Denpasar-Narita routing. JAL also reduced its Osaka-Denpasar services from seven to three flights per week with plans to suspend that flight service completely between December 22 - 26.
Over the coming New Year vacation period, JAL has announced that they will resume full operation of the three daily direct services between Japan and Indonesia. From December 22, 2005 to January 9, 2006, passengers will be able to travel daily from Tokyo (Narita) to either Denpasar (Bali) or Jakarta direct.
Daily service between Osaka (Kansai) and Denpasar will once again be available from December 27 to January 4.
Summary of Flight Changes
• JL725/726 between Tokyo-Jakarta-Tokyo will resume daily service between December 22, 2005 and January 9, 2006.
• JL725/726 will operate Tokyo – Jakarta – Denpasar – Tokyo from January 10, 2006 until March 25, 2006.
• JL729/720 operating between Tokyo – Denpasar – Tokyo will resume daily operations from December 22, 2005 through January 9, 2006. (JL720 is a code-share flight operated in cooperation with JALways.)
• JL729/720 daily service between Tokyo and Bali will be suspended between January 10, 2006 and March 25, 2006.
• JL715 operations between Denpasar and Osaka will be suspended from December 22-26, 2005 and again from January 5-9, 2006. (JL715 is a code-share flight operated in cooperation with JALways.)
• JL715 between Osaka and Denpasar will resume daily operations between December 27, 2005 and January 4, 2006.
• JL715 between Osaka and Denpasar will reduce from daily service to only three flights a week between January 10, 2006 and March 25, 2006 operating on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
• JL716 operations between Denpasar and Osaka will be suspended between December 23-27, 2005 and again between January 6-10, 2006. (JL716 is a code-share flight operated in cooperation with JALways
• JL716 between Denpasar and Osaka will resume daily service between December 28, 2005 and January 5, 2006.
• Jl716 between Denpasar and Osaka will change from a daily service to three times a week between January 11, 2006 and March 25, 2006. Flights will operate on Monday, Thursday and Sunday.
A spokesperson for JAL said the Airline is constantly monitoring passenger demand on these routes and hopes to return services to normal patterns as soon as possible.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.