Organized jointly by the World Tourism Organization (WTO) and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Indonesia, an important two-day seminar on "Positioning, Re-Positioning and Image Recovery" will take place at the Conrad Resort & Spa in Bali December 10-11, 2005.The Program
To lead the Seminar, WTO is providing an expert team made up of Mr. Raúl Peralba, Positioning Expert, Partner-Director for Spain and Portugal of Trout & Partners - leading experts in the field of positioning; Mr. Michael Fabricius, WTO expert on tourism policy and destination management; Ms. Zoritsa Urosevic, WTO tsunami consultant with extensive working experience in Indonesia; and Ms. Rosamond Deming, Senior WTO Program Officer and an expert in project implementation.
The seminar will focus on the concept of positioning, its application to the current situation of tourism in Indonesia and Bali, as well as Bali's present positioning in the international market with emphasis on issues crucial to the re-positioning of Indonesia and Bali. Designed to be an inter-active exercise involving all players: the public sector at central and local level, industry leaders representing the hospitality, tour operators, travel agencies, transportation companies, entertainment sectors, destination management organizations and educators.
At the end of the session recommendations on re-positioning and image recovery of tourism in Bali will be compiled and submitted to local and national policy-makers.
Attendance is open to any member of the tourism community with registration information available via the e-mail link at the end of this article
Seminar on Positioning, Re-positioning and Image Recovery
10-11 December 2005, Bali, Indonesia
Conrad Bali Resort and Spa
Seminar Moderator H.E. Gede Ardika, Former Minister of Culture and Tourism for Indonesia.Saturday, 10 December 2005
• 8:00 - 8:30 Registration
• 9:45 - 9:00 Welcome remarks from H.E. Jero Wacik, Minister of Culture and Tourism
• 9:00 - 9:15 Opening remarks by the Government of Bali
• 9:15 - 9:30 Remarks by Ms. Rosamond Deming on the Scope of WTO/Government of Indonesia action and objectives of the Seminar
• 9:30 - 9:45 Coffee break
• 9:45 - 11:45 Conference Address by Mr. Raúl Peralba on positioning, re- positioning and image recovery of Indonesia's tourism to establish the basis for the ensuing discussions. This conference will focus on competitive management; the concept of strategic positioning; the strategic positioning methodology; thoughts about the present positioning of Indonesia in the new global environment; and questions to be solved in order to successfully reposition Bali.
• 11:45 - 13:00 Intervention by Dr. Mike Fabricius, WTO expert, speaking on tourism policy implications.
• 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
• 14:00 - 15:00 Strategic discussions and inter-active exchange with participants, panelists, audience and experts
• 15:00 - 15:15 Coffee break
• 15:15 - 17:00 Strategic discussions and inter- active exchange with participantsSunday, 11 December, 2005
• 10:00 - 11:30 Working meeting of Panel to discuss issues affecting the tourism industry in Bali and strategy for re-positioning Bali through the joint efforts of the government, industry and education sectors.
• 11:30 -11:45 -Coffee break
• 11:45 - 13:00 Preparation of key issues and proposals
• 13:00 - 14:30 Working lunch for panelists and WTO experts
• 15:00 - 17:45 Presentation of key issues and proposals by experts and panelists. Inter-active feedback from participants on Panel's proposals for re-positioning of Bali.
• 17:45 - 18:45 - Closing cocktail for all Panel of ExpertsGovernment of Indonesia and Education
• Mr. Thamrin Bachri, Director General for Tourism Marketing, Ministry of Culture and Tourism
• Mr. Tatang Rukhiyat, Director for International Promotion, Ministry of Culture and Tourism
• Mr. Gede Ardika, former Minister of Tourism, representing the education sector
• Mr. Joop Ave, former-Minister of Tourism
• Mrs. Wiendu Nuryanti, Executive Director of Yogyakarta Tourism Development Board Bali Public and Private Sector
• Mr. Gede Nurjaya, Executive Director, Bali Government Tourism Board
• Mr. Bagus Sudibya, Chairman Bali Tourism Board
• Mr. Michael Burchett, Bali Hotel Association
• Mr. Paul E. Talo, Vice Chairman of Marketing for ASITA
• Mr. David C. Wilson, General Manager, Ritz Carlton, Bali
• Mr. Feisol Hashim, President of ASEAN Marine Tourism Association
• Mr. Made Mandra, Executive Director, Bali Tourism Corporation (Nusa Dua)
• Mr. J.M. Daniels, President Director of balidiscovery.com and Editor of Bali UpdateWTO Experts
• Mr. Raúl Peralba, Positioning Expert, Partner-Director for Spain and Portugal of Trout & Partners Group
• Mr. Michael Fabricius, Tourism Policy and Destination Management Expert, former director of tourism for South Africa and of West Cape Tourism Board
• Ms. Zoritsa Urosevic, WTO Tsunami Action Plan Expert
• Ms. Rosamond Deming, WTO Senior Program Officer
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.