On November 11, 2005, AsiaSpa Magazine held it first ever Baccarat AsiaSpa Awards (BASA) in a lavish cocktail and spa cuisine evening at the InterContinental Hotel in Hong Kong.
With 16 categories and over 100 nominees, the BASA focused on excellence in several fields including overall spa expertise, atmosphere and professionalism. The awards also highlight quality innovation in the specific categories of events, academies, training, design, treatments, products, cuisine and marketing - earning the awards their rightful place as the most comprehensive awards of its kind in Asia's spa industry.
Over 120 spa owners and industry leaders were on hand in Hong Kong to learn the final decision of a panel of 18 Asia-based judges, consisting of experts who have covered and experienced Asia’s flourishing wellness industry. Carefully hand-picked by AsiaSpa Magazine, one of the region's leading luxury health, beauty and spa magazines, editor-in-chief Catharine Nicol explained, "All the spas we report on are worthy of one award or another, so our judges had a tough time choosing them. We are delighted that you have been recognized by some of the movers and shakers in the spa world to be among the best of the best."
Bali – The Best Asian Spa Destination
The Island of Bali was signalled out by the judges, receiving the special recognition of Asian Spa Capital of the Year. Accepting the trophy on behalf of Bali was the Indonesian Consul to Hong Kong, Nugroho Aribhimo, Counsel for information at the Indonesia Consulate-General in Hong Kong.
Shown on balidiscovery.com
is a picture of Bali Tourism Board (BTB)
Chairman, Bagus Sudibya presenting the Baccarat AsiaSpa
award to Mary Darling, representing the Bali Spa industry during a brief ceremony held in Bali on December 12, 2005.Baccarat AsiaSpa Awards 2005
• In-Spa Training of the Year – Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts
• Spa Academy of the Year - Frederique Academy, Hong Kong
• Spa Marketing of the Year – Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
• Spa Treatment of the Year – Watsu, Mandala Spa, Boracay, Philippines
• Spa Cuisine of the Year – I-Spa, InterContinental, Hong Kong
• Medi-Spa of the Year – The Farm at San Benito, Philippines
• Spa Event of the Year – Turning Point Spa Seminar, Singapore
• Spa Association of the Year – Spa Association of the Philippines
• Asian Spa Capital of the Year – Bali
• Spa Products of the Year – Pevonia
• Spa Personality of the Year – Ingo Schweder, Director of Spa, Mandarin Oriental
• Spa Exterior of the Year – Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chang Mai, Thailand
• Spa Interior of the Year – CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
• Retreat of the Year – The Farm at San Benito, Philippines
• Urban Spa of the Year – CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
• Destination Spa of the Year – Mandala Spa Boracay, Philippines
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.