The long-awaited Australian Garuda Indonesia ticket give-away has finally been announced.
Garuda Indonesia is preparing to give away 1600 round trip airfares from Australia to Bali in what Airline spokesmen term the "biggest promotion ever" from Australia to the Paradise Island.
Called the "Love Bali" promotion, Australian residents who purchase tickets to Bali during the specified time frame have the chance to win an additional free companion-ticket to travel on the same flights and in the same class.
Here's how the program will work:
• Ticket must be purchased between January 16 and 28, 2006 (and issued between 16 and 31 January 2006) from retail travel agents, ticketed direct by the Airline, through a wholesaler, or via am air consolidator. Travel tickets purchased must be for trips between 13 February and 14 June 2006.
• In order to qualify for a chance to win a free companion ticket the ticket number of the Garuda ticket number (including 3 digit airline code and 10 digit serial number) along with the city of departure should be sent by SMS to the following number 1992 3456. Detailed instructions on how to enter will be available wherever Garuda tickets are sold in Australia. Be sure to carefully enter the ticket number. Only one entry per ticket! Entries close strictly at 11:59 p.m. on February 2, 2006.
• A reply SMS from Garuda will confirm receipt of each entry.
• A drawing of the 1600 free tickets will take place on February 2 with winners informed by SMS on 10 February 2006.
• Winners must return to wherever they purchased their original ticket to claim their free companion ticket. Travel will be on the same date and same class as the original ticket. Taxes, fuel surcharges and any passport fees are not included and remain the responsibility of the winner.
• Travel must occur between February 13 – June 14, 2006.
• Industry discount fares are excluded from the competition, with all other ticket classes eligible, including Garuda’s recently announced “Early Bird” fares.
Commenting on the promotion, Garuda Indonesia's Regional Manager, South West Pacific, Suranto Yitnopawiro., said: "The 'Love Bali' promotion will assist in rebuilding the strong repeat client base that recent events have affected, while allowing the opportunity for new visitors to form a relationship with Australia's most loved destination .The promotion has been deliberately structured to stimulate the market in a way that helps our retail and wholesale partners gain a direct sales benefit." Adding, "We aim to reward repeat travelers to Bali, and to encourage new visitors so as to strengthen our overall business base."
will support the promotion with a coordinated public relations and advertising campaign throughout Australia.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.