"I've got a great team and I'm looking forward to a super year of fun, fellowship and membership growth in 2006," said Jamal Hussain, General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel, and newly elected President of SKAL Bali as he greeted his 2006 Board of Officers of the SKAL Club of Bali following their election on March 3, 2006.
The Newly elected Board of Officers for SKAL Club of Bali are:
• President: Jamal Hussain, Hard Rock Hotel
• Vice-President: Sybil Baldauf, Bali Triloka Chandra Tours.
• Secretary-Treasurer: Malcolm Scott, Bali Discovery Tours.
• Development / Communications: Jeremy Cooper, Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa.
• Events & Promotions: Goestamar Ardibrata, Bali and Beyond Magazine.
• Auditor: Urs Klee, Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel.
• Auditor: Margaret Helback, Bali Hai Cruises.
SKAL International, founded in 1934, is the largest organization of travel and tourism professionals in the world with 23,000 members in 500 clubs in 87 countries. Members are derived from every sector of the travel and tourism industry. SKAL aims to promote global tourism by giving members access to its worldwide network, and also works to benefit the community at large.
SKAL Club of Bali was launched in 1991 and is currently the only club in Indonesia. Since 1997, the local club has raised in excess of US$40,000 to aid local orphanages and charities, as well as providing scholarships to Balinese travel industry students.
Members meet for lunch once a month at alternating venues around the Island.
Shown on balidiscovery.com are, left to right, Goestamar Ardibrata, Sybil Baldauf, out-going SKAL Bali President Phil Hill, Jamal Hussain, Margaret Helback, and Malcolm Scott.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.