Detlev Truernit, General Manager of Grand Hyatt Bali recently announced a number of senior management positions at the 750-room hotel in Nusa Dua.
• Dewi Karmawan, Assistant Public Relations Manager
- a graduate from the International Hotel and Management Institute, Lucerne, Switzerland, Dewi started her career in the hospitality industry in 1997 at Le Meridien Nirwana as a Guest Relations Officer. Later in November 1998, she joined Hard Rock Hotel Bali as Senior Guest Relations Officer. Also at the Hard Rock she served as Assistant Manager Guest Relations, Marketing Communications Coordinator, and finally as Assistant Marketing Communications Manager before leaving to join Hyatt.
Nominated as "Best Public Relations 2005" by Bali Travel News she has also served briefly as a presenter on Bali TV in 2004.
• Dew Mas, Associate Director of Sales
- a graduate from the Hotel and Tourism Institute, Nusa Dua, Bali, Ida Ayu Dewi Brahmanita, more popularly known as "Dewi Mas," started her hospitality career in 1999 in Bali at Vila Lumbung Hotel, as a Sales Executive. Joining the Bali Hyatt in July 2000 as a Sales Executive – MICE and Leisure, responsible for the European, Australian and USA markets. In 2002, Dewi was promoted to Sales Manager MICE (meetings, incentive, conferences and exhibitions) and within only ten months was given dual responsibility to also handle the leisure market. Based on her contributions in Sales and Marketing Department, Dewi was finally promoted to Associate Director of Sales at Hyatt's Sanur property.
Her latest promotion from Bali Hyatt to Grand Hyatt Bali to join the sales and marketing team.
• Dr. Sanjay Khanzode, Director of Spa and Recreation
- after successfully completing his education with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from Nagpur University in India, he joined several Spa professional trainings programs, achieving qualifications in Europe including Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology in Kent, England; Comite International, de'Esthetics and Cosmetology in Zurich, Switzerland; a diploma in Anti Stress Treatment in Kent, England; and a Certificate Course in Dead Sea Mineral Inch wrap and Treatments in Kent. Prior moving to Bali, Dr. Sanjay served as a Spa Director at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, voted as number one Spa in the World by Conde Nast Traveller Reader’s Spa Choice Awards for 2005-2006.
During his tenure with Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, Dr. Sanjay had the opportunity to work in support roles with other Hyatt properties including Grand Hyatt Mumbai, Hyatt Regency Kolkatta, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, Hyatt Regency Mumbai and Hyatt Regency New Delhi. Other past positions include Spa Medicine/Wellness services Director at Ananda, The Himalayas Spa Physician/Manager at Mandarin Oriental Ananda, India and Spa Executive at Rajvilas, The Oberoi Group, India .
• Edward The, Director of Engineering
- coming to Bali with a solid background in engineering for turbines and materials application, Edward has pursued his career in many international companies including Taprogge GmbH, a power station equipment company. He spent the last 10 years with that company as Managing Director prior to his current assignment as Director of Engineering at Grand Hyatt Bali. Edward has also worked for Boustead Engineering Sdn. Bhd in 1992 as a Sales Engineer, a year later he was promoted to Projects Engineer and finally as New Product Developments Manager.
While with Taprogge GmbH, Edward was credited with the design of four automatic condenser cleaning systems now used as an industry standard in ISO 9001 certification.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.