On Monday, August 14, 2006, Bali bestowed its highest honor for service and dedication to the Island’s tourism on 8 individuals at a ceremony presided over by Bali's Governor, Dewa Made Beratha.
Those receiving the Karyakarana Pariwisata 2006 award are:
• I Gusti Agung Prana, former Chairman of the Bali Chapter of the Association of Indonesian Tour and Travel Agents (ASITA).
• Made Rempi, a local pioneering businessman in the field of Hotels.
• Nyoman Bagiarta, a pioneer in alternative tourism.
• Makiko Iskandar, the President Director of Rama Tours.
• A.A. Arka Hardiana, the owner of the Melasti Beach Resort.
• I Ketut Robin (deceased), the founder of Trio Bali Tours and a former Vice Mayor of Denpasar.
• Hadi Taryoto, the Chairman of The Indonesian Association of Professional Hoteliers (IAPINDO) and owner of the Bali Rani Hotel.
• Rizani Idsa Karnanda, a senior guide in Bali.
This is the third presentation of the Karyakarana Awards given by the government of Bali to individuals judged by a blue-ribbon panel of selectors to those have made a lasting and meaningful impact on Bali's Tourism.
[List of 2005 Karyakarana Pariwisata Recipients]
[List of 2003 Karyakarana Pariwisata Recipients]
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.