Originally from New Zealand, leading contemporary pianist Christopher Norton has sold more than 1 million recordings in his decades as a composer, producer, arranger and educationalist and has written stage musicals, ballet scores, piano music, popular songs and orchestral music as well as jingles and signature tunes for TV and radio. He has lectured all over the world on aspects of his work and likes to integrate traditional teaching methods with aspects of modern technology.
In cooperation with Vita Piano Studio and Rhythm Music Publisher (Malaysia). Christopher Norton will conduct a piano festival and recital in Bali September 9-10, 2006.
Sharing both his talent and tremendous musical knowledge, Christopher Norton is returning to Bali for the second time to share his deep appreciation of music, techniques of music education, and perform in a recital.
A pioneer in Micro Jazz, Norton has published a series of music education texts demonstrating the use of simple chords for the left hand in concert with the right hand playing the melody. Starting from this base he has also show his legion of students an effective and easy means for musical improvisation.
Only Two Days in Bali
Christopher Norton's two-day visit to Bali will follow a busy schedule :
Saturday, September 9, 2006
• 09:30-12:00. A workshop for piano and keyboard teachers sharing his contemporary teaching methods.
• 14:00-Finsh. A Piano Festival divided into 4 categories: a) Junior Grade (Grade 1-2 for 5-9 year olds); b) Intermediate Grade (Grade 3-4 for 10-12 year olds); c) Late Intermediate (Grade 5-6 for 13-16 year olds); d) Duet (Unrestricted).
• 20:00-21:00 Christopher Norton Piano Recital
Sunday, September 10, 2006
• 10:00 - finish. Piano Festival
• 19:00 Christopher Norton Piano Recital
For more information email gm[at]mercureresortsanur.com
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.