"Rijsttafel", Dutch for "Rice Table," is a delicious legacy of Indonesia's Dutch colonial past created to bring the best recipes collected from across the archipelago to the dinner table. Comprised of course after course of well-spiced and succulent dishes followed by a final act of exotic fruits and sweets a "Rijsttafel" is best met with a hearty appetite and at least a momentary inability to count calories.Click Images to Enlarge
Sundays at The Wharf – Ramada Resort Bintang Bali
Following extensive research, the chefs at the Ramada Resort Bintang Bali have compiled over 15 separate dishes representing all the main culinary traditions of Indonesia and now present them every Sunday night at their beachside restaurant - The Wharf, starting from 7:00 p.m..
In keeping with the more than 3 centuries of tradition surrounding the "Rijsttafel," the multi-course meal is served by a bevy of beautiful young women in traditional sarong kebaya, while music is provided by a keroncong Orkestra.
The "Rifjsttafel" Menu
Some of the delicacies on offer every Sunday night include:
• Lumpia from Central Java – traditional Spring Rolls
• Soto Ayam from East Java – clear chicken broth with glass noodles
• Sambal Goreng Printil from Yogyakarta – beef meat balls in spicy red sauce
• Kambing Begana from Jakarta - lamb stew in young coconut
• Opor Ayam from Jakarta – chicken stew in a coriander flavored sauce
• Sate Ayam from East Java – chicken satay with peanut sauce
• Ikan Masak Woku from North Sulawesi – spicy tuna fish in basil and ginger
• Cumi Masak Tinta from West Java – baby squid cooked in natural ink
• Udang Lada Hitam from Bali – deep fried king prawns cooked in black pepper
• Plecing Kankung from Lombok – water spinach in a shrimp paste sauce
• Mie Goreng from North Sumatra – wok fried yellow egg noodles
٠ Nasi Putih & Nasi Kuning from West Sumatra – steamed yellow and whit rice
• Aneka Buah Segar - sliced fresh fruits
• Klepon Ubi - sweet potato dumpling with palm sugar
• Es Puter Ubi - sweet potato ice cream
Cost for the "Rijsttafel" at The Wharf at Ramada Resort Bintang Bali is Rp. 185,000 plus tax and service (approximately US$24.40) with a 50% reduction for children under 12 years of age.
For reservations telephone ++62-(0)361753292 – extension 2202.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.