Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa was named as the "Best Culinary Team" for the fourth consecutive time at the Salon Culinaire 2008 competition held in conjunction FHT 2009 – Food, Hotel, Tourism Exhibition in Bali, February 28 – March 1, 2008.
The prestigious culinary competition is held biennially in order to enhance the standards of culinary fare on the Island. A number of highly regarded chefs who are members of the World Association of Chefs' Societies (WACS) flew into Bali to judge the latest competition organized by Bali Culinary Professionals (BCP) at the Bali International Convention Center (BICC), Nusa Dua.
Winning 2nd place in the Best Culinary Organization division was the team from Bulgari Resort-Hotel Jimbaran while 3rd went to cooks from Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort & Spa.
Other category winners during the Salon Culinaire 2008 include:
• Best Culinary Artist - I Gusti Agung Alit Subawa, Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa
• Best Team Hot Cooking - Sabar Haryono and Kadek Suarmini, The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua
• Best Individual Hot Cooking - A.A. Astika, Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa
• Best Pastry Chef Team - I Made Sutisna and Ketut Candranata, Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort & Spa
• The Asian Pastry Cup - 1st place The Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort & Spa; 2nd place The Nikko Bali Resort; 3rd place The Laguna Resort & Spa.
• Bocuse d'Or - 1st place Bulgari Resort-Hotel Jimbaran 2nd place The Laguna Resort & Spa 3rd place The Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort & Spa
Bocuse d'Or Asia 2008
Bulgari Resort-Hotel Jimbaran as the winner of the Indonesian Bocuse d'Or will represent Indonesia at the first edition of Bocuse d'Or Asia 2008, to be held at Gourmet World Shanghai in Pudong China May 29-31, 2008. The China finals of the international competition will showcase gourmet artisans from 12 nations.
|Photos from FHT5 (Click to Enlarge)
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.