The countdown has begun with less than two months remaining until the 2nd MRA Bali International Triathlon at Jimbaran Bay on June 29, 2008.
This year's event promises to build on the success established during the inaugural event in 2007.
An update of the recent developments in connection with this year’s MRA Bali International Triathlon:
• Bali International Triathlon (USA) and Indonesia's MRA (Mugi Rekso Abadi Group have signed a 3-year major sponsorship agreement aligning the event with 34 leading Indonesian companies. [MRA Bali International Triathlon]
• Registrations are a full 30% ahead of registrations at the same point for last year's event promising a stronger-than-ever turn out this year.
• Through the generous support of Garuda Indonesia, Australian Professional athletes Luke McKenzie and Amanda Balding will be joining the event this year. Returning champions Daniel Plews and Kelley Toy will also be back to defend their titles. [See: Top Athletes Sign Up for MRA Bali International Triathlon]
• The bike course has been changed from 2007, meaning bikers will only be on the Bypass once, as they head out to Nusa Dua, returning on a much more scenic, and a little hillier, route on the Ungasan Peninsula. [See: Course Maps]
• Strong Support from the Bali Hotel Association will bring a large number of exciting prizes for category winners as well as ensure an exciting "competition within the competition" among corporate relay teams drawn from Bali's hotel sector.
• As a further inducement to participation by Indonesian athletes, cash prizes will be awarded to top Indonesian finishers.
• Beautiful trophies for overall and category winners have been prepared by Bali's renowned Jenggala Ceramics.
• Bali International Medical Center Hospital will once be on hand with a field hospital at Race Central on Jimbaran Bay.
To keep up to date on the MRA Bal International Triathlon and register to participate [MRA Bali International Triathlon Website]
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.