Each years Bali's leading life style magazine covering tourism, fashion, sports, interior design, real estate, health and spirituality, food and wine, art and photography runs a poll on their website [www.theyakmag.com] asking their readers and the general public' help to recognize establishments and individuals of note.
This year's winners and nominees were announced at a champagne reception held on the beach at Ku Dé Ta restaurant on Saturday, July 12, 2008. Live music and dance performances formed a part of the evening together with Moet Champagne, Belvedere Vodka, New Zealand wines by Gravitas and cocktails by Bar Solutions. Delicious canapés were supplied from six of Bali' best culinary venues including The Bvlgari, Bali Catering Company, Marinelli Shellfish Company, Ku Dé Ta, Sarong, The Samaya, Wah Burgers and The Bale. The evening was also enlivened by an appearance by world musician Anello Capuano and Bali's internationally acclaimed contemporary dancer I Nyoman Sura.
The List of Winners
This year's 19 winners were:
● Best Advertising Campaign - Biasa
● Best Retail Space - Jenggala Ceramics, Jimbaran
● Best Fashion Designer - Lulu, from Lulu Boutiques
● Best Resort - The Bvlgalri
● Best Villa - Aqua Villa
● Best Chef - Nicolas Doudou at Kafé Warisan
● Best Bar - Ku Dé Ta
● Man of the Year - Bruno Vaillant of E-Wines Asia
● Woman of the Year - Jocelyn Cunningham of Ku Dé Ta
● Best Newcomer - Anantara Resort
● Best Ubud Hotel - Four Seasons Resort at Sayan
● Best Ubud Restaurant - Mozaic
● Ubudian of the Year - Komang Wahyu Sutedja Neka (resort and gallery owner) and Victor Mason (author and Ubud icon)
● Best Event - Ubud Readers & Writers Festival
● Best Community Service Award - John Fawcett Eye Clinic
● Outstanding Achievement Award - John "Jack" Daniels of Bali Discovery Tours (www.balidiscovery.com) and Bali Update
● Best Spa - Maya Ubud
● DJ of the Year - Kevin K
● Best Sunset Venue - Breeze at The Samaya
Printed on a quarterly basis, The Yak and The Bud are distributed in Bali, Asia, Europe and the U.S.A..
Yak Award 2008 Pictures
click image to Enlarge
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.