Nikko Celebrates Bali Culture During August 2008
Nightly Performances of Outstanding Balinese Music, Dance and Cuisine During the Entire Month of August 2008.
|Click Image to Enlarge
August is always a special month in Indonesia with the traditional celebration of Indonesia's Independence Day (August 17th).
In keeping with the festive season, Nikko Bali Resort & Spa will host an entire month of Bali Culture Appreciation Nights showcasing some of the Island's finest dancers and musicians.
Each evening’s entertainments will present Balinese entertainment and authentic local cuisine.
After arriving at the Resort guests will be given a tropical welcome drink and provided a batik sarong, fans for the ladies and Balinese undeng headdress for the gentlemen. To also help preserve the memory of the evening, guests will be given a CD of traditional Balinese music and a printed program.
Held six nights every week throughout the month of August, the Nikko Bali Culture Appreciation Nights will take place between 7:00 and 9:30 pm at the Kupu-Kupu Amphitheatre. Local artisans will provide live demonstrations of their arts while the Resort's chefs will prepare such culinary specialties as Balinese suckling pig and Balinese-style roasted duck.
Priced at just Rp. 398,000 ++ (US$51.50) the Bali Culture Appreciation Nights will continue throughout the month of August 2008 with the following schedule:
● Monday Nights - Kecak Dance
● Tuesday Nights – Classical Balinese Dances presented by the students of the Indonesian Institute of Arts
● Wednesday Nights – the Barong Dance.
● Thursday Nights - Jegog Bamboo orchestra
● Friday Nights – Dances performed by the living Balinese dance legend Ni Ketut Arini
● Saturday Nights – a selection of dances and music by child performers who recently won honors at the Bali Arts Festival.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.