August foreign arrival figures for Bali continue the year-long trend of operating in record territory with 187,584 visitors counted at Bali's airport, a 12.57% improvement over August 2007 (166,633). This makes August 2008 the best August on record in Bali tourism.
Total arrivals January-August 2008 now total 1,298,046 – that's 20.5% better than the record-setting 1,077,200 foreign visitors to came to Bali in the same period in 2007.
Assuming that Bali maintain the same rate of improvement through the end of the current year, we project total visitors for the year 2008 likely to just break through the 2 million mark.
A Summary of Main Markets
Here’s a glimpse of Bali's main source markets for the period January-August 2008.
● Japan - Still Bali’s top producing market. Arrivals for the first 8 months of 2008 equaled 243,795 – a 5.29% improvement over 2007.
● Australia - With 194,115 Australian visitors coming to Bali for the period January-August 2008, arrivals are running 56.04% ahead of the same period last year. Watch for these record-breaking number to continue to improve with a number of new flights scheduled to come on line ex-Australia during the last quarter of 2008.
● Taiwan - Reflecting the numbers being diverted to Mainland China due to eased visa restrictions for Taiwanese, arrivals for the first 8 months of 2008 ex-Taiwan stood at 94,477, down 7% from the same period last year.
● South Korea - With 88,703 South Korean Visitors during January-August 2008, this market chalked up 4.17% growth over the same period last year.
● People's Republic of China - Arrivals for the first eight months of 2008 from mainland China grew 58.32% - totaling 84.089. Visa-on-arrivals and better air access are managing to help sustain the dynamic growth from this market.
● Malaysia - Malaysia is now Bali's sixth largest source of foreign tourists bringing 80,177 people during January-August 2008. That's a 20.63% boost over the same period in 2007.
● France - The strongest European market for Bali is now the French recording 52,080 visitors during the first 8 months of the year. In year-on-year terms, that's a 23.18% improvement over 2007.
● Germany - Bali's ninth largest source of foreign visitors is Germany bringing 50.676 tourists to Bali during January-August 2008. German traffic has gown 18.38% since 2007.
● U.S.A. - The removal of travel warnings do make a difference. 46,923 Americans came to Bali January-August 2008, a full 30.1% more than during the same period in 2007.
Jan-August Total Arrivals to Bali 2000-2008
click image to enlarge
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.