Owner-Chef Chris Salans of Ubud's Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique spends much of his time these days traveling abroad to accept awards, the latest additions to a growing list of international accolades for his exceptional garden restaurant in Bali's cultural and artistic heartland.
San Pellegrino's list of the 100 Best Restaurant was recently announced by William Reed Business Media in the U.K. with Mozaic the only Indonesian restaurant included, with an overall ranking at the 84th position.
Now in its eighth year, the San Pellegrino Awards is considered one of the world's most credible guide to the best places to eat on earth. Year after year, the global pool of voters expands, this year increasing by almost 20%. In compiling this year's results, a total of 4,185 votes were cast by 837 restaurant experts - all well-travelled restaurant commentators, chefs or restaurateurs.
For the purposes of compiling the list, the world is divided into 26 regions, each with its own regional chairman who presides over a panel of judges - together they form The Nespresso World's 100 Best Academy. Now representing more representative of the world restaurant industry than ever before, the U.S.A. & Canada comprise 3 regions instead of one, whilst South East Asia is split into two regions. In recognition of its mature restaurant industry, Japan is a region on its own, while China and Korean voters now sit together to form a new single region. Each panel member is allowed 5 votes, of which a maximum of three may be for restaurants within their own region. Any restaurant voted for must have been visited within the last 18 months and no-one is allowed to vote for their own restaurant.
Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique's recent awards and recognitions now include:
• Chris Salans as a Guest Master Chef for the 2008 Singapore World Gourmet Summit
• International Herald Tribune and New York Times features
• Miele Guide Top 5 restaurants in Asia
• Hospitality Asia Magazine Platinum Awards - South East Asia's Most Innovative Western Cuisine Restaurant & Indonesia Restaurant of the Year
• Recognized as the best restaurant in Indonesia and Bali by national publications, such a Indonesia Tatler, Prestige and Hello Bali.
• The first restaurant in Southeast Asia to be recognized by the prestigious Tradition et Qualité Association as a member of 'Les Grande Tables Du Monde').
Reservations are strongly recommended. Call Bali Discovery Tours at ++62-(0)361-286283 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking assistance.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.