Ubud's growing role as a strong draw for international conferences is again revealed by plans to host the First Annual International Bali Meditators Festival at the Astina Field in Ubud, November 14-15, 2009.
Initiated by Indonesian author, educator and spiritual leader Anand Krishna, the Bali gathering will explore the central role meditation plays in all the world's great faiths and religions. As part of its mission and vision, the Bali festival seeks to promote a meditative way of life in order to:
• Create an enlightened society.
• Exchange information, experiences, knowledge and cross-cultural understanding in the area of meditation.
• Create international networks and partnerships in the area of meditation.
• To raise public awareness.
Centered at the very hear of Ubud, the festival will present keynote addresses, panels, workshops, devotions and special performances.
Among the potential speakers expected to attend are:
• Anand Krishna (Founder of Anand Ashram Foundation)
• Merta Ada (Chairperson of Bali Usada)
• Gede Prama
• L.K. Suryani (Founder of Suryani Institute of Mental Health)
• Prabhu Darmayasa (Founder of Center Meditasi Angka)
• Ratu Bagus (Founder of Ratu Bagus Ashram/ Bio-energy Meditation)
• Ida Pedanda Gede Made Gunung
• Paul Whitehead (from Paramahansa Yogananda organization)
• Margot Anand (Founder of Sky Dancing Institutes)
For more information and on-line registration: [International Bali Meditators Festival]
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.