More than ten shacks located on Jalan Danau Tendano Celuk II in the Sanur area of Bali were consumed by fire on Tuesday, January 4, 2011.
According to Beritabali.com, there were no victims or injuries in the fire blamed on a short-circuit and estimated to have caused hundreds of millions of rupiahs in damage.
The blaze was discovered at 8:30 am and believed to have originated in a corner shed owned by Yanto. The flames quickly spread to adjoining homes, most of which were simply plywood constructions filled with all the personal belongings of their owners who were not home at the time of the incident.
In only 15 minutes the fire spread to all the homes in the impoverished complex. Denpasar firefighters working with local community members during a rainstorm were only able to extinguish the fire after three hours.
The residents loss their homes, furniture, personal belongings, cash and important personal documents stored in the homes.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.