Governor Pastika has restated his committed to remove the large number of illegal occupants who have built on lands owned by the province of Bali along the new Ida Bagua Mantra highway on the eastern outskirts of Denpasar. Speaking after attending a ceremony at the provincial House or Representatives (DPRD-Bali) on March 28, 2011 and quoted in NusaBali, the governor reaffirmed that no individual should be allowed to control government lands without permission. In this regard, Pastika emphasized that he had already summoned the chief of the Asset Bureau of the provincial government to survey and record details of those who are illegally occupying government owned right-of-ways along the major highway.
Said Pastika: "Although this is in the public interest, there are rules governing the ownership of land. In the current era of reformation the rights of the people is controlled by rules of law. Let's not have people occupying government lands without permission."
Adding: "I have ordered the chief of the Asset Bureau to survey and check everyone there (along Jalan I.B. Mantra). What's clear, no one ever gave permission. The provincial government never gave permission (to occupy State-owned land)."
Warming to his warning, Pastika said that if the illegal land settlers refuse to move , his administration would then demolish the structures. He also warned that none of the illegal land grabbers should expect compensation. "Who told them to build there? If your land was occupied without permission, it's impossible that you would tolerate such behavior. What's more, people are seeking compensation! Who told them? Asking for compensation? Is that fair?"
Commission III of the DPRD-Bali has endorsed the governor's call, saying the quicker the illegal buildings are demolished, the better.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.