The Bali police have increased surveillance and patrols following the suicide bombing of a Christian Protestant church in Solo, Central Java, on Sunday, September 25, 2011, that has left 2 dead and 28 injured.
Beritabali.com reports that the police in Bali have increased surveillance at all the island’s gateways, public places and churches.
That added security measures are in place was confirmed by the chief spokesman for the Bali police, Hariadi, on Sunday, following the attack in Central Java earlier in the day. Hariadi told the press that Bali’s chief of police, General Totoy Herawan Indra, issued orders to all divisions of the Bali police to increase vigilance at all gateways and at the island’s sole airport.
Explained Hariadi: “Increased routine patrols are also being undertaken. This is the order of Bali’s chief of police.”
The police spokesman outlined that the heightened state of vigilance, however, did not constitute a “siaga satu” – the highest official state of security alert. Following the Solo bombing Bali’s alert status remains officially unchanged.
He also said that roadside vehicle checks, frequent patrols in high-crime areas and a high level of police presence at tourist sites on the island would continue unabated.
“In addition, we are also optimizing security at all places of worship and tourist objects, “ said Hariadi.
Speaking on behalf of the Bali police, Hariadi called on the public to take an active role in the security of their home districts. If the public sees anything that raises their suspicions or causes concern, they are asked to immediately contact the nearest police precinct.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.