The BIZENT Bali International Triathlon to be held on Sunday, June 24, 2012 has partnered with Ecozine – a Hong Kong-based environmental group.
Working in tandem with race organizers to implement a multi-year program to achieve a cleaner and greener triathlon event, Ecozine’s and the organizer’s shared goal is to create a zero-impact race.
To this end, this year will see several new initiatives initiated, including:
- Providing educational materials for athletes and guests.
- Conducting eco-education briefings and a beach cleanups prior to the competition
- Consulting with organizers on concrete steps to reduce the event's environmental impact.
Race Director, Robb Strom said, "We are extremely excited to develop our partnership with Ecozine. Their involvement will support the greening of the Bali Triathlon, which continues to be one of our annual goals."
Nissa Marion, Editor-in-Chief and Co-Founder of Ecozine
, added, “We are deeply inspired and grateful to the organizers for their commitment to making the race more environmentally friendly, and look forward to a long term partnership.”
Greening the BIZNET Bali International Triathlon
represents not only a commitment to caring for the fragile ecosystems and local communities in Bali where the race takes place, but also a vision for a cleaner, lower-impact future for the world of multisport competition.
offers the following “Top Five” tips for athletes to do their part during this year's BIZNET Bali International Triathlon:
- Bring your own reusable water bottle(s), filled, on race day for your use.
- When reviewing the course and on race day, stay on the marked routes and avoid disturbing the local flora and fauna.
- Ensure all your trash is disposed of properly, including packaging and products used during your race experience. Separate recyclables wherever possible.
- Consider purchasing offsets for your air fare if flying in to attend the event.
- Support local communities and lower your carbon by buying and eating local when in Bali.
In addition to their environmental activities, Ecozine
will be sponsoring a team of competitors and providing media support and coverage for the event.
Registration remains open for the 2012 BIZNET Bali International Triathlon
on Sunday, June 24, 2012. As in the past, this year's race includes an Olympic Distance event, a Half-triathlon and a 5 km fun run.
[BIZNET Bali International Triathlon
[Email for More Information
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.