The Bali Hyatt in Sanur celebrated its 17th Annual Kite Festival on July 20, 2012.
This year’s event began with a parade from the Telaga Naga Restaurant
to the beachfront with musical accompaniment for the marchers provided by a traditional Beleganjur Orchestra.
In all, eight lovingly fashioned Balinese kites made by different departments of the hotel competed for honors. Expressing the personalities and artistic aspirations of each group, the kits launches into the sky included:
- Human Resources, Guest Activities, SPA and Security Department - Kite theme: Save the turtle
- Kitchen and Steward Department - Kite theme: Culture of preserving the lobster
- Accounting and Materials Department - Kite theme: Dewi Saraswati
- Housekeeping and Laundry Department - Kite theme: Dewi Subadra
- Engineering Department - Kite theme: Naga Basuki
- Gardening - Kite theme: The legend of Koi fish
- Food & Beverage Service Departments - Kite theme: Birds
- Front Office and Sales Department - Kite theme: Garbage Bin
Each of the 8 groups were give a five-minute slot to send their kites skyward with a supporting cast performing dance and theatre in keeping with their kite’s theme.
Participants were scored for their efforts based on creativity, kite design, concept, teamwork and ingenuity, as well as its ability to fly.
The team awarded the highest score was the Engineering group whose theme was Naga Basuki.
Shown on Balidiscovery.com
are pictures taken at the festivities of the Bali Hyatt’s 17th Annual Kite Festival
[Book a Stay at the Bali Hyatt
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.