The U.S.-based Wine Spectator Magazine has published its 2012 list of restaurants worldwide recognized for offering excellent ranges of wine complimented by fine cuisine. A number of Bali restaurants were named in the latest rankings.
In making their selection, Wine Spectator evaluates the quality and range of each establishment’s wine list, the wine information shared with diners and options available for wine by the glass. Underlying these criteria is an insistence on comprehensive wine knowledge.
Following this evaluation, those selected for recognition are divided into three categories:
- Grand Award - Only 75 winners awarded globally, this is given to restaurants with an “uncompromising, passionate devotion to the quality of their wine programs.” Winners typically offer at least 1,500 selections of wine representing a comprehensive range of producers and vintages. Wines are presented with superior organization and flawless wine service.
- Best of Award of Excellence - Limited to a list of 878 winners, this category bestows special recognition to restaurants that offer 400 or more wine selections in combination with superior presentation.
- Award of Excellence – The basic award totaling 2,842 winners, recognizes restaurants with a well-chosen selection of wine producers that match the menu and style of the restaurant. Those named to this category offer at least 100 selections.
Bali restaurants earning recognition in the 2012 round of Wine Spectator awards:
Best Award of Excellence:
Award of Excellence
- Kayuputih at the St Regis Bali Resort
- Arwana at The Laguna, Luxury Collection Resort and Spa
- Hu’u Bar and Grill
- Ku De Ta
- Metis Restaurant and Gallery
- Mozaic Bali
- SOS Supper Club at the Anantara Resort Seminyak
- The Restaurant at the Legian
This is the fourth consecutive year that the Kayuputi
has been recognized by Wine Spectator
and the second consecutive year it has qualified for the Best of Award of Excellence.
[Wine Drinking as a Spectator Sport]
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.