The Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) has officially sanctioned the Oakley Pro Bali held at Keramas Beach as part of the ASP World Championship (WCT) for 2013. 2013 ASP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TOUR:
The Bali event will be the 5th of 10 events on the ASP World Championship Tour, representing the first elite tour event in Indonesia since the Rip Curl Pro Search was held in 2008.
"We are very excited about the addition of the Oakley Pro Bali to the 2013 ASP World Championship Tour schedule," said Renato Hickel, ASP WCT Manager. "This will be the first ASP World Title-deciding event at Keramas, an internationally-recognized venue of high-performance surfing, and we look forward to the ASP’s Top 34 doing battle there for years to come."
The primary venue for the event will be the right-hand break of Keramas, with the beach-breaks at Canggu held in reserve in the need of backup.
"Keramas, to me, is the most high-performance wave on the planet," Jordy Smith, current ASP WCT surfer, said. "Oakley have had their world junior event there for a few years and I'm glued to the computer every time it's on. To have the Top 34 there, it's going to be a huge challenge for the judges as the performances are going to be next level. This is really exciting."
- Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast - March 2 - 13, 2013
- Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach - March 27 - April 7, 2013
- Billabong Rio Pro - May 8 - 19, 2013
- Volcom Pro Fiji - June 2 - 14, 2013
- Oakley Pro Bali - June 18 - 29, 2013
- Billabong Pro Teahupo'o - August 15 - 26, 2013
- Hurley Pro at Trestles - September 15 - 21, 2013
- Quiksilver Pro France - September 27 - October 7, 2013
- Rip Curl Pro Portugal - October 9 - 20, 2
- Billabong Pipe Masters - December 8 - 20, 2013
The Oakley Pro Bali will be Stop No. 5 of 10 on the 2013 ASP World Championship Tour season and run from June 18 - 29, 2013 and will be webcast LIVE via [www.oakleyprobali.com
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.