The Bali Hotels Association (BHA) has recently appointed its new board of directors for 2013. The board was formally inaugurated at a meeting held on February 13, 2013, at the Conrad Bali Resort.
Bali Hotels Association is a professional group of star-rated hotels and resorts in Bali. Members include general managers and senior executives from more than 100 hotels and resorts in Bali that representing more than 15,000 hotel rooms and almost 30,000 employees in tourism sector.
“The appointment of a new Board of Directors is key to improving our strategic and operational leadership in the hospitality industry,” said newly appointed chairman, Alessandro Migliore. “With some of the old board members staying in positions, we ensure that we make the very best use of their combined wealth of experience and knowledge. In turn, this ensures that our association serves the best interests of its members, of the industry as a whole, and, of course, Bali itself."
2013 Board Members
The roster of the new Board for 2013:
BHA’s New Chairman – Alesandro Migliore
- Chairman: Alessandro Migliore
- General Manager, Royal Beach Seminyak
- Vice-Chairman: Jean-Charles Le Coz
- General Manager, Nikko Bali Resort & Spa
- Executive Director: Djinaldi Gosana
- Director of Finance: Stephane Varoquier -
General Manager, Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
- Director of Marketing & Media Relations: Ron Nomura
- Director of Marketing, Hyatt Resorts Bali
- Director of Environment: Christiane Wasfy -
General Manager, Anantara Seminyak Bali
- Director of Government & Organizations Relations: Hengky Tambayong - General Manager, Harris Hotel & Residences Sunset Road Bali
- Director of Education, Training & Scholarships: Francis Dehnhardt
- General Manager, Aerowisata Sanur Beach Bali
- Director of Safety And Security: Troy Sinclair
- General Manager, Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Day Spa
- Director of Community Relations & Charity: Virginie Sandstrom
- General Manager, Harris Resort Kuta
- Director of Sports, Arts & Cultural Activities: I Nyoman Sudana
- Executive Assistant Manager, Bali Tropic Resort & Spa
Born and raised in Sicily, Italy, Alessandro Migliore is a graduate from the Hospitality College
in Palermo. He has spent much of his career working overseas in 13 different countries before arriving in Indonesia. Alessandro started his Indonesian assignments in 2001 by leading a number of Accor hotels.
The new BHA
chairman has strong views on the development of the tourism industry on the island. “Right now, the natural environment has become a primary issue to focus on due to the inevitable side effects of the island's rapid development. Of course, as an industry player, I feel compelled to be involved at a level greater than that of a GM. So I feel it a duty and an honor to serve BHA as Chairman, serving alongside an equally committed Board.”
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.