On Sunday, October 13, 2002, one day after the tragic terrorist attack of one day before, Bali's Governor, Dewa Beratha and the Chairman of the Provincial Parliament, Ida Bagus Putu Wesnawa issued the following formal declaration:
In connection with the explosion of bombs in Kuta and Denpasar,
the Governor and the Chairman of the Provincial Parliament, hereby:
1. Condemn the bombing, which took place in Bali on October 12, 2002 at approximately 22.30 hours local time.
2. Express our grief and sincere condolences while offering our sincere apologies to the families of all victims.
3. State that the Government and the People of Bali feel it is their calling and the responsibility to do everything in their powers to help the victims of this tragedy.
4. Instruct every level of the local community to remain calm, vigilant and to continue to preserve the community's unity and solidarity.
5. Urge the people of Bali to undertake joint prayers, in keeping with their respective beliefs and religious teachings.
6. Ask that the Almighty Lord provide us all with his guidance and protection.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.