The Jakarta Globe says that passenger service charge rates are on the increase at a number of major Indonesian airports.
The following airports are expected to hike their passenger service charge in the near future:
- Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport. Departing International passengers now pay Rp. 150,000. This is slated to increase sometime in the coming few months once renovations now underway are completed. The amount and exact date of the increase has yet to be announced but will most probably increase by a minimum of 43%.
- Kuala Namu International Airport in Medan, North Sumatra will soon be increasing its passenger service charge from Rp. 35,000 to Rp. 100,000. (US$10).
- Sultan Syarif Kasim II Airport Pekanbaru, Sumatra will soon increase its Airport Service charge from Rp. 35,000 to Rp. 50,000 (US$5).
- Raja Haji Fisibilillah Airport in Tanjungpinang will soon increase passenger service charges from Rp. 25,000 to Rp. 40,000 (US$4).
- Depati Amir Airport in Pengkalpinang will increase their charge from Rp.25,000 to Rp. 40,000 (US$4).
Surabaya and Balikpapan are also expected in increase airport service charges once their current renovation programs are completed.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.