To print: Click here or select File and then Print from your browser's menu.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2011 - 2016 Bali Discovery Tours, All rights reserved.
This message originated from http://www.balidiscovery.com/
Find it online at http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp?Id=10142
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Restrained Celebration

Police and Kuta, Bali Village Officials to Restrain the Use of Fireworks and Firecrackers on New Year’s Eve

(12/22/2013) During the celebration of 2013-2014 New Year’s Eve on Bali’s popular Kuta Beach police have vowed that the roadsides will be free of vendors selling firecrackers and fireworks.

Tempo.co reports that the use of firecrackers and fireworks will be limited to specific areas.

These rules have been agreed with local village, sub-districts heads and the police in Kuta. An agreement between police and the local authorities was annonced by the sub-district chief (Camat) of Kuta, Gede Rai Wijaya, on Monday, December 16, 2013.

Rai said the steps had been undertaken to protect the heavy concentration of tourists expected to be on Kuta Beach ushering in the New Year.

Said Wijaya: “If we see traders selling fireworks, we will take firm action; telling them to get out of Kuta. We will (also) turn them over to the village chief for further action.”

Tourists wishing to celebrate the New Year with fireworks or firecrackers will only be allowed to do so beginning at 10:00 pm on December 31, 2103 until 2:00 a.m. on January 1, 2014.

The use of such material will be limited to several special areas on Kuta Beach. These areas will be outlined and controlled by the traditional village authorities of Kuta assisted by the Kuta Police Precinct.