To print: Click here or select File and then Print from your browser's menu.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2011 - 2016 Bali Discovery Tours, All rights reserved.
This message originated from http://www.balidiscovery.com/
Find it online at http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp?Id=3879
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bali Diversifying Away from Tourism Base?

Australian High-Tech Firm Building Software Center in Bali.

(6/23/2007) An Australian software development company - Mitrais has declared its intentions to establish a headquarters in Bali for the outsourcing of software development work.

Press reports say the Bali facility will occupy a 4,400 square meters plot near Bali's international airport.

The new facility, scheduled to partially open in 2008, will allow Mitrais to outsource an increasingly larger share of its software development to Indonesia. At present, an estimated 34% of the Company's software work is done in Indonesia with the remaining 66% carried out in Australia. When operating at full capacity the Bali software operation is expected to employ 450 people.

Mitrais is an Australian-controlled company which provides software development and outsourced services to its clients in Australia and South-East Asia. Established in 1991, Mitrais currently employs over 200 staff with offices in Bali, Jakarta and Singapore.